An easy-to-use Linux distribution
If you're searching for an easy-to-use distro you should choose openSUSE. Get to know the evolution and features of this distribution that involves a great community of users in its development.
At the end of 2003, Novell (an important American company dedicated to the development of software systems) bought SUSE Linux, a distribution originally based on Slackware.
An ideal distribution to start off in Linux.
The main objective of Novell was to encourage the use of Linux. Thus, some time afterwards several different distributions of SUSE appeared: two of them were focused on the business sector (SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server) and another open source distro that was called openSUSE.
This distribution offers the users, both beginners as well as experts, the possibility to take part in the development of the project.
Main features of openSUSE
- Appealing graphic appearance.
- Intuitive handling.
- Access to different desktop environments, among which we can find KDE and GNOME.
- Incorporation of tools that will make it easier to administrate the system and install software.
- Possibility to activate a 3D desktop view.
Download openSUSE for free and become a member of one of the most important free collaborative software projects worldwide.
- Requires an Internet connection to complete the installation.